Hawaii: Where to eat in Oahu

09:40

To all my fellow foodies, this a post for you especially if you're going to Hawaii! I think this is also my first food blog! Also check out #whattanyaeats and #tanyaeatsabroad on Instagram for pictures from my food adventures.



North Shore Food Truck
North Shore Food Truck
I still can't stop thinking about the Garlic Shrimp that I had! It was probably the best thing I've ever eaten. It's a lightly batter deep fried Garlic Shrimp with rice and salad. I had this whilst looking across at the beautiful shark cove with a tropical pineapple drink. That was living! I believe its called North Shore Shrimp Truck (link to it here)

Haleiwa Bowls 
66-082 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712, USA
 I can not stop raving about this Acai bowl! This is the creme de la creme for Acai bowls. After seeing Alexis Ren, My life as Eva, Jay Alvarrez and pretty much everyone who's goes to hawaii having an acai bowl from this place as an acai fanatic I had to try it. It did not disappoint! I had the normal blend bowl, the acai was topped with granola and fruit with a drizzle of honey. One issues is whilst I was eating this delicious bowl, chickens paid us a visit, something to be mindful of if you hate birds like me! 

Haleiwa Bowls
Cheeseburger in Paradise 
Foster Towers, 2500 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
Cheeseburger in Paradise
You know you love a place if you go more than once especially on a short holiday! We went to this place twice. They seriously do the best chips here, which accompanies their burgers. A thing to consider is that they do their patties medium (if you read the find prints you'll realise this) however you can ask them to cook it to your liking just let them know when you order. 


Island Coffee Vintage
 2201 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
Island Coffee Vintage
We went here on our last day and I ended up having it for breakfast and lunch. I had a bit of a dilemma at breakfast as I couldn't decide if I wanted a bagel or Acai bowl, so why not have both! I had the salmon bagel for breakfast, it was such a good bagel with a iced matcha latte (Australia coffee shops please get onto these!) that was made to perfection. I had the acai bowl for lunch and took it the beach, a pretty good last food day if you ask me! 

Cheesecake factory 
Royal Hawaiian Center, 2301 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
So if my last day couldn't get any  better, I had cheesecake factory for dinner! We had this twice as well I couldn't get over the pasta it was so good, and don't forget the world famous cheesecake! We had to indulge a bit for our last day, we had a main each, a cheesecake and a drink. I got my favourite lava flow! Also, would highly recommend the classic cheesecake, I don't think anything beats it, to be honest. I would also suggest you share, the meals are huge and the cheesecake is super filling! 

Heavenly
Heavenly 
342 Seaside Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
This is true to its name, Heavenly sources its products locally. It has the cutest menu that illustrates it. I had the Waffles with Hawaiian fruits and it was such a tropical & fresh brekkie. The perfect meal to start the day. Also the food was very photogenic!

Goofy Cafe
1831 Ala Moana Blvd #201, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
This was a little cafe that did Hawaiian slash Asian fusion food. We went there for breakfast and I had the Acai bowl which wasn't as big as I hoped but still quite filling! Except they don't have a huge dining area, so we had to wait probably a good 20 minutes! 

Arvo
675 Auahi St, Honolulu, HI 96825, USA
My favourite thing about this place was their iced matcha lattes! They don't have a big selection of food but if you're on the way to Pearl Harbour on the bus stop or just near kaka'ako stop by here for breakfast. Also there some awesome painted walls and graffiti in the nearby streets which is pretty cool! Have a little walk around, you don't have to go far to find some beautiful artwork. 
Arvo

Hawaiian Crown Plantation
159 Kaiulani Ave #105, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
Hawaiian Crown Plantation
This place kinda looks dodgy if you're walking past it and don't really think anything of it. But once you get  inside, theres a pineapples lined up along their shelves. This is a quick grab your acai bowl and go place  but there are about 10 seats (if that) available. They do an Acai bowl topped with pineapple which at first I thought was kinda weird, but I really liked it! 

Leonard's Bakery
933 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA (main store, I think) 
They did a pretty good donut almost as good as the Byron Bay donuts! Also if you go to the main store you'll get a pretty cute vintage diner type pic outside, trust me I've stalked all their instagram pictures! That one was a bit out of the way for us, but we did find the food truck near the outlets! 


Side note: These places were kinda average in terms of price range. However if you do compare it to Australia with the conversion, I would say it would be quite pricey. Hawaii does high cost of living which I guess was a key factor in how much things cost. Most of them would be between around $15-$25 USD+ tips. So it wasn't as if I was splurging on meals but most meals did cost me around $20USD if I had an acai bowl, drink and tips which I wouldn't say is necessarily cheap in Australian terms. 

I ate a lot! I must say had a pretty good food trip!

Until next time.... 
Lots of Love,
Tanya 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *