Make-up Monday's:Formal Event

18:44


This make-up look was inspired by Tanya Burr's Cheryl make-up tutorial. I loved that make up look and though it just went so well with the dress I had. It's going to be quite a long post, so grab a coffee and have a read! Just a little side note, I'm no makeup artist, so everything I did may not be 'correct' according to makeup artist's! If you want to know what products I used look for the Bold words. 

Prep & Prime

I started off with all the prep and that. Primed my face with Shiseido Refining Primer I just used my hands for this, then primed my eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance once again used my fingers. For the lips I put on Nivea's repair & protect lip balm just to moisturise it. To top it of it I sprayed the Urban Decay De-slick Make Setting Spray. This just helps keen the makeup on a bit longer.

The Base (Face)

My foundation I used was Nars Sheer Matte in Stromboli, I applied this with my Real Techniques buffing brush. I then used the Maybelline Age Rewind in Medium on the bridge of my nose, on the side of the nose, under my eyes, cupids bow and on my chin, and blended it out with the buffing brush. To conceal spots I popped on some Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 4, blended that in with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. If you didn't have the brush, using a sponge to apply foundation also works and gives a flawless complexion!  Then I used the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat under my eye again, under my brows and just on top of my nose and cupid bow. I used my ring fingers to blend that all out under my eyes and the buffing brush on the other areas. 

Brows
For the brows I used the Rimmel Eye Brow Pencil in Black Brown then just set it with the Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown. Just do some small strokes if your drawing in your eyebrows with a pencil and comb it through with a spooli. Draw it in lightly for both brows have a look then drawing then keep drawing if need be. 

Eyes:


I started with applying eyeshadow first. I took Trick from Naked Palette 3 and applied that over my eyes with the brush they gave me, the pop the Mac Bronzer in Medium Deep over it. I just thought that gave it a nice shimmery look then on the corner I applied Factory and blended that in with the eyeshadow brush from Real Techniques. I took Trick underneath my eyes as well with the Real Techniques Delicate Brush. I also used the Rimmel Scandal eyes in Bronze in the bottom waterline, just to make it more defined. Curled my lashes with the Shu Uemura Curler (sorry forgot to photograph it), then applied the lower lash mascara from Maybelline Big Eyes to both the top and bottom lashes. The bottom lash mascara just define my lashes a bit more which I why I use it on the top and bottom. Then I went over my top lashes with the Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils. I then used the Stila Stay all Day Liquid Liner just to draw in a bit of a winged liner so when I put on my lashes it isn't obvious! Then the tricky part, False Lashes! Surprisingly it took me one go but I had been practicing a couple of times over the week and trust me the first time I did it, it took me four go's!! Followed the instructions then used a tweezer, held the lashes in the middle and put them in place with my fingers. 


Cheeks
I used the Mac Bronzer in Medium Deep to contour, just mainly under the cheek bones. So just sucked in and used my Real Techniques contouring brush and applied to the hollows of my cheek. Then using the blush brush applied the pink tone from the Sugar Sleek Palette on the apples of my cheek.

Setting it



To set it all, I used the Nars Translucent Powder with the Real Techniques Powder Brush, just applied that all over my face. Then sprayed the Urban Decay De-slick in an X across my face. 

In my bag
I didn't forget about my Lips! I put on the Butter Gloss from NYX in Tiramisu. In my bag, I also pop in my Sheseido Blotting Paper to keep me shine-free throughout the night. 

Hope you like this look! Look out for my next post on what I wore, it will be out later in the week! 

Lots of Love,
Tanya 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *